Learning how to wear and take off contact lenses is as simple as tying your shoe laces. A few tries and you will be doing in the blink of an eye.
Things to remember, and do, before wearing your contact lenses
- Always wash your hands with mild soap, free of perfumes or lotions and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your lenses.
- Handle one lens at a time to avoid confusion.
Wearing your contact lenses takes only a few easy steps
- Put one of the lenses on the tip of the index finger. Be sure the lens is right-side-out (the edges should turn up, not out).
- Look straight ahead. Pull down your lower eyelid with the middle finger of the same hand.
- Pull the top lid up with the index finger of the other hand and look up.
- Gently place the lens on the lower white of the eye.
- Remove your index finger and release your eyelid.
- Look down, and close your eyes for a moment. The lens will centre itself.
- Repeat for the other lens.
- Now you can put make-up on and enjoy your day.
Taking off your lenses is easy
- Always wash your hands with a mild soap, free of perfumes or lotions, and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your lenses.
- Look up and pull the lower lid down with the middle finger of the dominant hand.
- Place your index finger on the lower edge of your lens, and slide the lens down to the white of your eyes.
- Squeeze the lens lightly between your index finger and thumb, and remove gently.
- If wearing a single-use daily disposable lens discard the lens in the rubbish bin.
Remember to always follow the replacement schedule and care instruction recommended by your Optometrist
For clear understanding don’t forget to see this!